Providence & Boston Business Litigation | Rhode Island and Massachusetts Breach of Contract Lawyers
Rhode Island and Massachusetts of all sizes face challenges in the form of commercial disputes. These disagreements among businesses can become complex, time consuming, and require significant resources to resolve amicably.
Contracts are voluntary and legally enforceable promises between two or more parties to perform legal acts in exchange for consideration. Certain contracts need to be in writing in order to be enforceable such as contracts for the sale of land, for services not performed within a year, and for the payment of the debt of another party. Courts will generally enforce the precise terms of a contract unless the words are ambiguous in which case the courts will make a determination about the contract based on what is written there instead of any other agreements or documents.
The business lawyers at Barsom Law Group take a proactive approach to resolving business disputes, relying on our experience and pragmatic cost effective approach to protect the financial and legal interest of our clients. Additionally, we advise and represent clients on matters that have already commenced and zealously work to find a beneficial and cost effective solution. We handle a wide range of business litigation matters, including:
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Minority shareholder rights
- Minority shareholder oppression
- Partnership dissolution and breakups
- Breach of fiduciary duty, duty of loyalty
- Theft of trade secrets and confidential information
- Vendor/customer disputes
- Breach of contract
- Misrepresentation and fraud
- Derivative shareholder lawsuits
- Director and officer liability
- Massachusetts consumer protection statute under 93A